For those interested, we're just debugging a new version of ComfortClient which currently has the following changes and new features.
Hopefully it'll release soon.
• Scroll bars now correctly appear in FloorplanEditor when the editor panel is smaller than the size of the floorplan.
• Value Transforms were incorrectly enabled for SENSORS when object type is Circular or Linear Gauge.
• Value Transforms did not work correctly for COUNTERS for object types Label, Circular and Linear Gauges.
• In FloorplanEditor, tabs for unrelated object properties are now suppressed. For example when editing a LABEL object, tabs for PICTURE and GAUGE are now hidden.
• Holding down SHIFT key whilst dragging selected objects in FloorplanEditor, either by key or mouse dragging, will show just the outline. For improved performance on low spec systems.
• Improved support for BPXX command.
• UI minor font corrections (“Segoe UI” is standard).
• Flag Names were not written to the log file.
• Two log entries were written (incorrectly) to the log file for each bitwise command received; for Y?, y?, Z?, z? & f?.
• Shorten time for Splashscreen to show at startup for ComfortClient and FloorplanEditor.
• Improved startup. ComfortClient & FloorplanEditor are now NGEN’d on startup to pre-compile the application for faster startup.
• A Drag & Drop exception would occur if you attempt to open FloorplanEditor when no Floorplan Tabs are added in ComfortClient and the OK button is selected in the pop-up message that suggests redirection into WindowManager.
• System Sounds is now moved to a new playback thread to improve performance.
• Holding CTRL key down during ComfortClient application launch disables plugin load. The “-X” command line switch also does the same.
• Holding SHIFT key down during ComfortClient application launch disables AutoConnect (if otherwise normally set to auto connect). The “-A” command line switch also does the same.
• Start-up time now displayed in monitor and log files.
• New right-click menu on floorplan tab:
o Clear Tab Log
• Entry/Exit delay countdown is now shown on the status bar. Note: this is for guidance only and accuracy will depend on how quickly the trigger message (countdown start) is passed to ComfortClient over the UCM connection.
• Progress bar added to FloorplanEditor splashscreen. The “-P” command line startup switch added to suppress the progress bar on startup if required.
• System Info window now can be resized vertically. The maximum size depends on the number of modules discovered.
• System Info data can now be saved to a text file.
• Added new Search Object feature in FloorplanEditor.
• Rounded Borders are now available on all object types for “Fixed Single” and “Custom” border types. Note: You can use this feature with appropriately sized rounding values to create circle objects too!
Last edited on Friday Oct 26th, 2012 08:59 am by juwi_uk
The fixes and new features are shown at the top of this thread.
A big thank to Ingo for his help on this one.
One thing to note about this release is that the installer now precompiles (NGEN if you want to Google it) the application which reduces start-up time to typically a couple of seconds. I queue this operation during install and Windows will compile in the background once the installer is finished. This probably takes 30 secs to a minute so if you are quick on the trigger to start ComfortClient after install (rather than wait for that time) then you wont yet see the improvements.
If you haven't already done so, please could you take 5 seconds to vote at the following link on what you think about ComfortClient. I would really appreciate your feedback as sometimes I feel I am developing in a dark room with no feedback from the outside world!