I already have a GSM4 SMS connector which I'll release at some stage and working on an Excel one as well.
I'm going to focus on the Editor this next release too. I want to add more options for rotation around points other than centre, support multi-select rotation etc. I also want to add "Shapes" so you could say add a line, rectangle, ellipse, polygon etc etc and use these to build your floorplans. My hope is you can build basic floorplans without the need to build pictures in an external editor (which you would still use for the complex stuff).
Post your comments anyway as my aim here is to get people up and running quicker with their floorplan designs.
Here's the GSM4 Connector that will be available from the next version.
It uses the 64 custom messages you set up via Comfigurator and upload to Comfort.
It's flexible as you can setup multiple events for an object and these are subject to filters too to give you the combinations needed.
And if Cytech decide to allow the sending of free-text SMS messages via the protocol in a future firmware then I will extend this connector to allow the same. Then of course you'd be able to leverage the power of placeholders to send runtime values out embedded in the SMS text as well.
• License changes (Install/uninstall) via the ComfortClient main menu “Information\License Management” menu action did not update the run mode (Eval or Full) until the application was restarted.
• ComfortClient window icon replaces stock icon on some Infralution authentication windows.
• Updated Connector Framework API (you need to update all ALL connectors after moving to this release).
• Internal code refactoring for improved CCLX file read.
• Internal code refactoring to better handle connector developments.
• Event Safeguards are enabled by default for new Events (max 1 event in 60 seconds) for safety. Change as required.
• Resizing rotated objects would also move their origin. Now the Origin is locked to the handle directly opposite the handle being dragged such that the object correctly stays in position.
• The Events tree tab in Floorplan Object Properties is now expanded by default even if there are no currently configured connections.
• In Floorplan Object Properties, the ID lists for Comfort were not sorted in numerical order (of ID) by default.
• Connector Framework extended to allow sending of commands to Comfort and checking of status; for new GSM4 Connector.
• Floorplan Object rotation point can now be moved (but only when the object is at zero degrees at the moment).
There are quite a lot of forms, messages, menus etc that are localisable.
I was looking at solution to make it easier to handle the administration side of keeping translations in step (current) but I'll need a few more people to buy into the new ComfortClient version before I can consider investing in that technology so may well be a moot point anyway right now. I cant keep spending my holiday fund on developer tools and components so CC will have to pay for it's own development costs from now on!