Comfort Home Automation/ Security System Forums Home
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

Vocab Upgrade Failure
 Moderated by: slychiu
 New Topic   Reply   Printer Friendly 
 Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Friday Feb 9th, 2018 02:13 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
1st Post
Craig Robins
Member
 

Joined: Monday Mar 3rd, 2014
Location:  
Posts: 36
Status: 
Offline

  back to top

I decided to change some of the words in the vocabulary using Voiceproc. When I tried to upload the .bin file using Comfigurator, it froze at 23% and then timed out with a failure message saying to try again. I did as instructed and it failed at exactly the same point. The keypad showed an error message saying there was no text data. I did as suggested in the Voiceproc manual and performed a sentence upload and that fixed the text problem but the keypad was speaking in garbled sentences 
e.g. "No message" became "Option holiday", "Thank-you, goodbye" is "Seven zero alert" and "Welcome, security off" is "One security off."
I tried restoring back to the standard Myma39 vocab with identical results - it froze at 23% and the garbled sentences are exactly the same.
Looking at previous threads, I saw instances of similar failures which were resolved by downgrading/upgrading firmware but this did not work for me. Every time, it has onsistently failed at 23%.
Before I started this process, all firmware and software were on the latest versions.
I'd be grateful for any suggestions as to how to fix this.
Regards,
Craig



 Posted: Friday Feb 9th, 2018 11:46 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
2nd Post
slychiu
Administrator


Joined: Saturday Apr 29th, 2006
Location: Singapore
Posts: 4182
Status: 
Offline

  back to top

Can you open Monitor I/O and do vocab upgrade
if it fails again please do Copy to clipboard and send it to support@cytech.biz
also please let us have the serial  number starting with Cxxxxxx or Pxxxxxx anywhere on the PCB
thank



 Posted: Friday Feb 9th, 2018 05:54 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
3rd Post
Craig Robins
Member
 

Joined: Monday Mar 3rd, 2014
Location:  
Posts: 36
Status: 
Offline

  back to top

Email sent with information requested.



 Posted: Friday Feb 9th, 2018 08:59 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
4th Post
Craig Robins
Member
 

Joined: Monday Mar 3rd, 2014
Location:  
Posts: 36
Status: 
Offline

  back to top

Good news! It took many, many, many attempts but after I managed to get as far as 50% on a couple of random occasions, I persevered. I finally managed to get to 50% twice in a row and then on the next attempt it went all the way to 100%.

It would appear from studying the i/o monitor that the upload always failed at points where Comfigurator sent a command to erase a block of flash memory which was ignored three times resulting in a time out. I could be wrong but I thought I read somewhere that Comfigurator should pick up from where it left off in the event of a partial upload. After successfully writing the first and subsequently second blocks, it shouldn't have been necessary to start from scratch. I reckon that first 23% must have been needlessly written forty times or more!

I hope this is taken onboard because this was a deeply frustrating experience which wasted a whole day so I'm not sure as things stand I'll be tempted to modify the vocab again.

Last edited on Friday Feb 9th, 2018 09:01 pm by Craig Robins



 Posted: Saturday Feb 10th, 2018 06:24 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
5th Post
slychiu
Administrator


Joined: Saturday Apr 29th, 2006
Location: Singapore
Posts: 4182
Status: 
Offline

  back to top

Thanks for your paitience (40 times?). We will study the data that you have sent and try to work out why you had this problem at 23% and 50 %





 Posted: Tuesday Mar 20th, 2018 04:40 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
6th Post
slychiu
Administrator


Joined: Saturday Apr 29th, 2006
Location: Singapore
Posts: 4182
Status: 
Offline

  back to top

Hi Craig, we are trying to identify this problem.
Can you confirm that your Comfort Firmware at the time you attempted the Vocab Upgrade is ULT 7.099?



 Posted: Tuesday Mar 20th, 2018 04:46 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
7th Post
slychiu
Administrator


Joined: Saturday Apr 29th, 2006
Location: Singapore
Posts: 4182
Status: 
Offline

  back to top

The Vocabulary Upgrade bug may habe been identified as caused by UCM 7.109
Please downgrade to UCM 7.098 until a new UCM firmware is ready



 Posted: Saturday Mar 24th, 2018 12:29 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
8th Post
Craig Robins
Member
 

Joined: Monday Mar 3rd, 2014
Location:  
Posts: 36
Status: 
Offline

  back to top

Sorry for the slow reply but I've been away. Looking at my saved config file from the time, my firmware was ULT 7.116 and UCM 7.109



 Current time is 05:52 pm
Top




UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems